Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Evolution


So, here I am, in beautiful Hawaii. My baby girl LOVES her new home and school and to top it all off got a job on her second day here at PCC. She is on top of her life and doing well in her classes. She is making new friends and being her amazing self and LIVING out loud studying, surfing, swimming and socializing. She loves it and is already talking about staying. I'll be surprised if she leaves in December. It is a perfect fit for her and I am thrilled that she is here! It's amazing to see her so confident and competent at such a young age.


Like Grae, Mason, as usual, is making life exactly what he wants it to be. He is continuing to cement his character and reputation with everyone he comes in contact with as he works and plays and serves others. He continues to prepare for his mission with progress steady and sure. About a week after I get home, he and I are going to take a road trip to Portland for Owen and Chelsea's wedding and then go from there for week to Utah together. I'm really looking forward to that time with him. It's hard not to notice the growth and maturity in him.


That leaves me. This trip has been so good for me. I've had a lot of time to rest and recover from a very difficult period in my life. It may well be the most time I have ever spent alone in my life. And to my surprise, I'm enjoying the solitude and peace I have away from the responsibilities of home. I have enjoyed having the time these last 10 days to focus on eating right, exercising, reading and praying and thinking about where I came from, where I'm going and why I'm here. I've come to realize that its time to do what I have been trying to teach my children to do all these years. I need to grow and learn and become all that I am meant to be. That means deciding where I want to go and be and then doing the things that will take me there. So, of course, I am making lists. :) Lists of things I always wanted to do and be. Things well within my reach and other just beyond my reach for now but will be attainable with a little stretching. All things that will help me to be more grateful, more hopeful, more confident, more happy, and more like my Savior. I feel the opportunity to throw off the chains of bad habits formed over the years and be free of that which keeps me and my world small and so much less than it could be. Its time to rise from the dust and droop in sin no more!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

It sounds to me like you are exactly where you need to be in your life. There is still so much ahead of you and I am excited to see where you will go and what you will do next. I'm glad you were able to find a way to make yourself a priority in Hawaii.

cc said...

Beautiful and true - you are such a wonderful daughter, mother and individual. The Lord is happy with who you are and that you want to be the best you can be. I love you.