Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes....


For years now, I have known that just after my 42nd birthday I would be facing an empty nest. I have to say it is something I have faced with a certain amount of dread. 2010 has taunted me, coming closer every year and now it's here.


In one week, I will board a plane with my baby girl bound for Hawaii where she will start college at BYU Hawaii. How did that happen? My sweet little ladybug is all grown up and off to her freshman year in college. Wasn't it just yesterday that she wanted to be a flamingo when she grew up so she could be "pink all over" and "quarter", "Cory" and "kool-aid" all sounded like the same word? I will ever miss days filled with baby dolls and pricess dresses, a trail of dandilions when she came from outside, and giggles and sweet little girl songs ringing from her room. Even more I will miss a house full of teenagers, tents aglow in the backyard on summer nights, mountains of clothes on her bedroom floor and 4 different colors of flipflops next to the front door. Being her mother has been the joy of my life. I couldn't have asked for more in a daughter. She fulfilled every dream I'd ever had for a daughter. I love you bug. Truly I am blessed beyond measure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm totally bawling!

Unknown said...

Ummmm why is it that I never knew you had a blog! This is really sweet momma!