Monday, July 22, 2013

AT LAST!!! My Gallery Wall!

After weeks and months of gathering frames from second hand shops, digging through old photos, begging family for historical images, digitizing images, spray painting frames, laying out, organizing and reorganizing the wall, countless trips to the hardware and hobby stores to get glass cut and buy supplies, days spent cutting mats, cleaning glass and securing backs on them, and finally hanging, the project is nearly finished.  Now I just have to pick up a couple of oval mats from Hobby Lobby (since I don't own my own oval/round mat cutter) and I'll be completely finished.  I've never had a project with so many roadblocks, problems and mishaps. I'd love to hear what you think!  Special thanks to my baby girl, Grae, and my amazing and patient husband and hero, Professor Iowa Jones.  I'm pretty sure this project secured their place in heaven.  LOL